District Conference 2018: UNITY
The beauty of God’s ways never gets old. Those who were present at Thursday session of our district conference experienced some of that beauty as we took in the messages from our three speakers. While each of the three had separate messages, one overall message went forth as well; the Spirit of God guided the details of the day. Derald Weber, Tom Foster, and Brent Colthorp all ministered concerning building the kingdom of God through winning souls to Him. I was so moved by the session; in fact, the district will be supplying CDs of all three of these messages to all of our pastors. Even if you were present, I strongly encourage you to listen to these messages again and again.
On Friday, our business session went very smoothly and yielded the following results:
The following district board appointees were ratified:
- · Campground Committee - district superintendent and district secretary, Jim Manning,
- Bruce Maxwell, Brian Montgomery, and Mark Stanton
- · Men’s Ministry Director – Jerry Dean
- · Presbyters-at-Large – Lionel Thierry and Joseph Zambrano
- · Women’s Ministries Secretary – Mikelle Maxwell
The following were elected or reelected:
- · District Secretary – Randy Harper
- · North American Missions Director – Derald Weber
- · Youth Ministries Secretary – Drew Galloway
- · Children’s Ministries Director – Tommy Parker
- · Children’s Ministries Secretary – Eddie Gorden
Three resolutions were presented to the conference, and the results are as follows:
- · Resolution 1: Section 2 will be divided and will become sections 2 and 13 (similar to what happened over 20 years ago when section 1 became sections 1 and 12).
- o All section 2 licensed ministers are requested to meet at First Pentecostal Church of Baton Rouge located at 2828 Jones Creek Road on Saturday, April 14, 2018, at 10 am to decide the borderline between sections 2 and 13 and to hold separate elections for all offices of each of these sections.
- · Resolution 2: The Louisiana Challenger will no longer be published.
- · Resolution 3: The Eva United Pentecostal Church pastored by Daniel Cole will no longer be a part of section 9 but will become a part of section 7.